• Applications for 2022 are now available! Click here for more information and to apply.
• The program runs from January to December.
• There is a yearly $300 fee. Scholarships are available.
• There are meeting locations in four areas of town: Intown, Dunwoody, Sandy Springs, and Johns Creek.
• Jewish teens in grades 8-10 are welcome to apply in every location. The Johns Creek and Intown locations also accept applications from 11th graders.
• On average, there are monthly LDP sessions and outreach programs. A more detailed calendar will be provided.
• During each LDP session, young adult mentors facilitate small group discussions and help teens dive into the curriculum topics.
LDP participants also get hands-on volunteer experience through our community programs, including:
• Smile Bag packing and distributions to our agency partners
• Neighborhood collections of needed resources
• Smaller-scale academic and activity-based programs called GOAL programs
*Please note regarding COVID-19: We will evaluate how we structure and organize our LDP sessions and CCC community outreach programs based on the most recent health guidelines. The safety of our teens, community guests, and staff is of the utmost priority while delivering sessions that are engaging and meaningful. Please note that all sessions and programs are subject to change.
Sessions will be held on Sunday afternoons or on weekday evenings, and we look forward to our return to Jewish communal spaces and meeting in-person in Fall 2021. To view our Fall 2021 calendar, please click here.
Each LDP session is facilitated by our young adult mentors and supported by CCC’s Experiential Education Director. These mentors work directly with the teens throughout the year to create a comfortable and relatable environment in which the teens can grow and learn.
These topics will be covered in the interactive and experiential education and program planning sessions:
• CCC Overview & Jewish Leadership
• Social Justice & Awareness Training
• Becoming a Connected, Empathetic Volunteer & Program Planning
• Understanding Mission, Vision & Community Needs
• Project Management & Program Planning
• Applying Fundraising Skills & Strategies to CCC’s Annual Phonathon
• Becoming a Jewish Philanthropist
• Amy’s Holiday Party Shopping & Program Planning