• The program runs from January to December.
• There is a yearly $300 fee. Scholarships are available.
• There are meeting locations in four areas of town: Intown, Dunwoody, Sandy Springs, and Johns Creek.
• Jewish teens in grades 8-10 are welcome to apply in every location. The Johns Creek and Intown locations also accept applications from 11th graders.
• On average, there are monthly LDP sessions and outreach programs. A more detailed calendar will be provided.
• During each LDP session, young adult mentors facilitate small group discussions and help teens dive into the curriculum topics.
LDP participants also get hands-on volunteer experience through our community programs, including:
• Smile Bag packing and distributions to our agency partners
• Neighborhood collections of needed resources
• Smaller-scale academic and activity-based programs called GOAL programs
*Please note regarding COVID-19: We will evaluate how we structure and organize our LDP sessions and CCC community outreach programs based on the most recent health guidelines. The safety of our teens, community guests, and staff is of the utmost priority while delivering sessions that are engaging and meaningful. Please note that all sessions and programs are subject to change.
Due to the uncertainty related to Covid, we are unable to publish our full 2021 calendar at this time. Our sessions could be in person at synagogues or community buildings, in person outside at LDP homes, or virtual. Sessions will be held on Sunday afternoons or on weekday evenings. Each LDP session is facilitated by our young adult mentors and supported by CCC’s Experiential Education Director. These mentors work directly with the teens throughout the year to create a comfortable and relatable environment in which the teens can grow and learn.
Below are the topics we will cover each month. These interactive and experiential education and planning sessions will feature:
January: CCC & Jewish Leadership
February: Social Justice & Awareness Training
March: Becoming a Connected, Empathetic Volunteer & Program Planning
April: Understanding Mission, Vision & Community Needs
August: Project Management & Program Planning
September: Applying Fundraising Skills & Strategies to CCC’s Annual Phonathon
October: Becoming a Jewish Philanthropist
November: Amy’s Holiday Party Shopping & Program Planning
December: LDP Wrap Up & Reflecting on Jewish Leadership