CCC serves thousands of children and families and creates hundreds of teen volunteer opportunities annually across Atlanta. While CCC’s Leadership Development Program and volunteer opportunities are only available for teens, there are other ways to get involved in our work at every age! Read on for ideas for getting involved with CCC.
To download a flyer with information on getting involved with CCC, please click here.
Did you know that you can make tribute donations to CCC? Tributes can be made in honor or in memory of loved ones, to recognize a mitzvah, or to set up a fund to support a particular project or program. There are also creative ways to support CCC at a birthday celebration.
• Ask guests to purchase items from CCC’s wishlist to donate instead of buying gifts.
• Consider making a donation instead of providing goodie bags for guests.
• Pack Smile Bags as a party activity.
• Host a social media fundraiser as a tribute to honor a milestone event or birthday.
CCC helps young teens looking to make their b’nai mitzvahs matter more through community service projects. We offer opportunities to serve the community in a purposeful and hands-on way through activities, fundraisers, and collections that truly enhance our programs.
• Collect toys to distribute at Amy’s Holiday Party.
• Collect books to ensure every child at our programs is able to pick out books to take home.
• Prepare an arts & crafts, activity, or food station at one of our events, like picture frame making, Lego building or cookie decorating.
• Sponsor a sports activity or collect sports balls to distribute.
• Plan a fundraiser!
To learn more about planning your mitzvah projects with CCC, please click here.
CCC partners with schools and preschools that are interested in sponsoring projects to support our community-building programs, including Amy’s Holiday Party.
• Organize a group collection of small items like toothbrushes or other personal care items used in CCC’s Smile Bags.
• Collect monetary donations (tzedakah) and let students select and purchase toys from CCC’s Amazon wishlist with the money raised.
After attending a program, we want participants to leave with more than a smile—so we make sure everyone leaves with a Smile Bag, packed by volunteers throughout our community. While the contents of our Smile Bags change, each bag is filled with items such as engaging activities, books, school supplies, and personal care products.
• Sponsor CCC’s Smile Bags through a monetary gift or a bulk donation of our most-needed items, like toothbrushes, toothpaste, hand sanitizer and more.
• Pack Smile Bags! Purchase the necessary items for Smile Bags (25 bag minimum please), follow CCC’s how-to guide, and coordinate a time to drop them off.