CCC’s Leadership Development Program (LDP) engages a select group of teen volunteers in meaningful and direct community service by teaching critical leadership skills including:
- Empathy training
- Issue Education on homelessness and the cycle of poverty
- Partnership building
- Community needs assessments
- Project management
- Event planning
- Public speaking
The Leadership Development Program gives teens the opportunity to participate in a year-long cohort designed to teach them how to engage more than 700 teen volunteers in programs they plan that serve more than 2,100 children in need.
- The teens in our Leadership Development Program represent 14 high schools around the city.
- Some are members of synagogues and others are unaffiliated.
- Teens in our program identify with all sects of Judaism.
- Each year, Jewish teens apply to participate in our program and work together to plan community-wide events that serve children and families in need throughout the Atlanta area.
- In addition, our LDP teens raise over $20,000 each year through their community fundraising efforts and our teen Phonathon.
- The teens on our executive board lead sessions, plan the board structure, work “behind the scenes” with the adult mentors to coordinate the program, and make presentations on behalf of CCC in the community.
- The Leadership Development Program has a proven long-term impact on our teens – our LDP alumni are joining Hillels, taking leadership roles in their sororities and fraternities, earning awards and scholarships, and making professional choices based on their work with us.
- Each cohort begins in January and ends in December. Applications are available in December for the upcoming year.
- LDP sessions are held on Monday evenings from 7–9 pm at Congregation B’nai Torah (700 Mount Vernon Hwy NE Atlanta, GA 30328).
- Programs and fundraisers will be at various locations and times.
- Teens must be able to attend at least seven of the 10 sessions.
- Teens may choose a minimum of four programs to attend (sign ups occur prior to each program).
- In addition to the four selected programs, everyone must be able to attend Amy’s Holiday Party (the first Sunday of December).
- Teens must be able to attend one Phonathon date.
- The cost of the program is $300 per teen per year. Financial assistance is available as needed.
Learn more about LDP and hear from some of our teens firsthand, watch this video: