LDP 2021 Waitlist
LDP applications for 2021 are now closed, however teens still interested in participating in the program are encouraged to join our waitlist. Any additional spots that may become available will be offered to those on the waitlist on a first come, first served basis. Please click here to join our waitlist.
Creating Connected Communities’ (CCC) mission is to bring life-enhancing programs to children in need by empowering teens to become engaged community leaders and volunteers. Through our community outreach programs, CCC serves thousands of children and families in need and offers hundreds of teen volunteer opportunities annually.
CCC’s Leadership Development Program (LDP) engages a select group of Jewish teens in grades 8–12 in meaningful and direct community service. We teach critical leadership skills and provide hands-on volunteer opportunities at CCC’s community-outreach programs. CCC is committed to being an inclusive organization that represents diverse Jewish teens across Atlanta. With your help, CCC will support 6,000+ children and families in our community in 2021!
- The program runs from January to December 2021.
- There is a yearly $300 fee. Scholarships are available.
- Jewish teens in grades 8th-10th are welcome to apply in Sandy Springs and Dunwoody. 11th graders are welcome to apply in North Metro only.
- There are meeting locations in three areas of town: Dunwoody, Sandy Springs, and North Fulton.
- On average, there are monthly LDP sessions and outreach programs. A more detailed calendar will be provided.
CCC Community Outreach Programs:*
Through on-going community needs assessments, we are committed to our mission of creating positive change in Atlanta through projects such as:
- Smile Bag packing and distributions to our agency partners
- Neighborhood collections of needed resources
- Smaller-scale academic and activity-based programs called “GOAL programs”
- Outdoor festivals
- Amy’s Holiday Party
Due to the uncertainty related to Covid, we are unable to publish our full 2021 calendar at this time. Our sessions could be in-person at synagogues or community buildings, in-person outside at LDP homes, or virtual. Sessions will be held on Sunday afternoons or on weekday evenings. Below are the topics we will cover each month. These interactive and experiential education and planning sessions will feature:
- January: CCC & Jewish Leadership
- February: Social Justice & Awareness Training
- March: Becoming a Connected, Empathetic Volunteer & Program Planning
- April: Understanding Mission, Vision & Community Needs
- August: Project Management & Program Planning
- September: Applying Fundraising Skills & Strategies to CCC’s Annual Phonathon
- October: Becoming a Jewish Philanthropist
- November: Amy’s Holiday Party Shopping & Program Planning
- December: LDP Wrap Up & Reflecting on Jewish Leadership
In-person sessions will include small pods of LDP teens, socially distanced precautions, and required masks and waivers. Virtual sessions will include guest speakers, media clips, and small breakout rooms. As soon as we have more information, we will provide more details. Thank you for understanding!
*Please note: Heading into 2021, we will be evaluating how we structure and organize our LDP sessions and CCC community outreach programs based on the most recent health guidelines. The safety of our teens, community guests, and staff is of the utmost priority while delivering sessions that are engaging and meaningful. We have laid out our plans below but please note, they are subject to change.
Learn more about LDP and hear from some of our teens firsthand, watch this video:
Interested in learning more about the LDP curriculum? Click to download: LDP Overview
For questions about LDP, please email Lara Schewitz.